20 October 2013

View from the verandah

For something a little different, I've taken some shots from the verandah.  As we live in a valley, the verandah gives us a wonderful aspect through the trees and out onto the property.  As I'm mostly in the garden, I don't spend as much time enjoying those views as I'd like, but I live under the fantasy that once the food forest is more established, I'll have more time to park off.  We'll see.

This is the size of the verandah and one of the things that attracted me to the house.  Some of the trees beyond are ours and others belong to the neighbour, whose boundary fence (but not his house) is quite close, and he took a barren piece of hill and turned it into a forest of his own.
Looking out in the other direction, you can see some of the trees that the birds love to pop into for a snack. You can also catch a glimpse of the pool in the bottom right hand corner, which is quite filthy right now as we let it go over winter.


And if you come around a little further, you can actually see more of the valley itself, with the main gate into the (soon to be) sheep paddock
Around a little further still and here is the view of the driveway which cuts through the centre of the property, and which I walk up and down many, many times a day when I'm gardening (which I take as a great workout for the legs)
This is technically a view of the verandah, but I've come onto the top level of the house, as its cut into the hill and is two stories.  This is where the aquaponics system is, but also this wonderful outdoor area.  We uncovered it not long after moving in, but the in-laws were here last weekend and very kindly gave it, and the nearby roses, a complete overhaul and now its up for public consumption.
And just cause its exciting, check these out - peaches ripening, new bananas and chocolate pudding fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment