20 December 2011

Another first for us

When we moved up to Brisbane, everyone in our growers group was saying how fantastic the Rosella jam they'd made tasted this season, so it was time to try something else we didn't have in the Sydney garden.  We planted a few tiny seedlings and they seem to love the position as they are springing out of the ground now.
I've planted several either side of the fence between veggie patches 2 and 3 so as to create a permanent hedge and a bit of a micro-climate.  so far so good - and jam to boot!


1 comment:

  1. We had great success with Rosells last year and I have planted some more this year but much later than I wanted. Oh well we will see what happens. Sadly though they will not be ready in time for our local show where last year I took out first place for my rosellas.

    ReplyDelete