29 January 2013

A Cyclone Comes to Town

The cyclone has been and gone and we are feeling a little battered. The power has just come back on after days without it.  We haven't had a chance to upload the photos as yet, so I'll post those shortly.  It's been a dizzy ride but fortunately the house only suffered a leak in the roof and some flowing underneath.  The property took a pounding though.  And sadly we lost the fish in the aquaponics system. Shaun had a small back up generator but it couldn't keep going for more than a day.  I'm off to the airport now and will blog properly when I'm back from the year's first work trip.   I hope you are all safe and sound.

3 comments:

  1. oh that's such a shame about the fish! I was thinking I was kind of glad we hadn't got our system working yet, because I didn't know how it would go (we only lost power for 14 hrs, but you never know at the time how long it will be), but makes me think we need to really plan how to keep the system working as power outages are fairly common here and it would be awful to lose them when you just get everything working. I hope you can get some new fish soon and keep it all going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your fish. Glad you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate, Liz. We're a bit bummed but its never too late to start again

    ReplyDelete